NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday, while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 24.
Amazon 2017 Black Friday deals
Unlike many other retailers, Amazon doesn’t have a full Black Friday ad. But it has leaked some details and issued a press release, giving shoppers a sneak peek at its Black Friday week deals. Amazon’s own products are some of the most notable bargains, but we also spotted savings on other electronics, toys, apparel and more.
Here are some of the deals, available at various times between Nov. 17 and Nov. 24 (we’ve noted specific dates where possible):
- Kindle Paperwhite for $89.99 ($30 off) starting Nov. 19
- Amazon Cloud Cam for $99.99 ($20 off) starting Nov. 23
- Echo Plus for $119.99 ($30 off) starting Nov. 23
- Fire 7 tablet for $29.99 ($20 off) starting Nov. 23
- Fire HD 8 tablet for $49.99 ($30 off) starting Nov. 23
- Echo Dot for $29.99 ($20 off)
- 49-inch 4K TV for $159.99
- Up to 30% off select Crayola arts and crafts
- Up to $100 off select PlayStation virtual reality bundles
- Up to 60% off New Balance shoes and apparel
NerdWallet is helping you shop smarter this holiday season so you can save for something great in 2018. Sign up for free to create savings goals.
Amazon countdown to Black Friday deals week
This year, Amazon is giving holiday shoppers an early dose of discounts. Through Nov. 24, the online marketplace is hosting a countdown to Black Friday deals week, featuring limited-time markdowns on select electronics, apparel, kitchen appliances and more. Most deals rotate daily. Here are a few highlights we’ve seen so far:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot for $69.98 (list price $89.98)
- Hoover Cruise cordless stick vacuum for $94.99 (list price $179.99)
- Calphalon 2-piece nonstick fry pan set for $29.99 (list price $49.99)
Check Amazon’s website each day for new sale items.
Amazon 2016 Black Friday deals
Take a look at what happened in 2016 for an idea of what you can expect this year.
Amazon sells just about every product under the sun, so it’s no surprise that it does Black Friday on a massive scale, too. In 2016, Amazon rolled out deals as often as every five minutes from Nov. 16 through Dec. 22, with some of the best ones arriving between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday. The retailer announced it would offer its lowest prices on select Samsung, LG and Sony TVs.
Here’s a look at some more highlights from 2016:
- $40 off the Amazon Echo and Amazon Tap
- $20 off select Kindle e-readers, including the Kindle Paperwhite
- 33% off a 55-inch curved LG smart OLED TV
- Up to 70% off coats and jackets
- Up to 60% off Disney toys, apparel and more
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 26 and film bundle for $49.99
- Additional 20% off pre-order and new-release video games for Prime members