NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday, while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for holiday tips and announcements about your favorite products. Black Friday is Nov. 29.
The best cell phone Black Friday deals typically come from retailers rather than carriers. This year, electronics sellers and wholesale clubs are offering gift cards valued from $200 to $550 with purchase of new phones, such as the iPhone 11 and Samsung Galaxy Note 10. Check out our cell phone deal breakdown below.
Best Black Friday cell phone deals, 2019
Get a gift for yourself and someone on your list with buy one, get one free deals on Samsung and iPhone models, or score a gift card with your purchase to tackle the rest of your holiday shopping list.
- T-Mobile: Buy one, get one free on Samsung Galaxy S10 and Note 10 (multiple models). Deal available to new customers and existing customers who add a new voice line.
- Best Buy: Up to $500 off a new iPhone 11 or 11 Pro with qualified activation and trade-in through AT&T, Verizon or Sprint.
- Target: Get a $550 Target gift card when you purchase a Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL with service through Verizon or AT&T.
- Costco: Get a Samsung Galaxy S10 with Verizon for $429.99 ($420 off).
Best Black Friday cell phone deals, 2018
In 2018, Black Friday cell phone deals proved generous — mainly for shoppers with the right networks or plans. Here’s a look back at some of the top promotions:
- Walmart offered in-store shoppers a $300 gift card with purchase of select Apple and Android phones, including the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Walmart also gave away a $400 gift card with purchase of the Phone 8, 8 Plus or X in stores.
- Target threw in a $300 gift card with qualified activation of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Verizon or AT&T.
- Best Buy knocked $400 off the Google Pixel 2 XL or $200 off the Pixel 3 and 3 XL when activated on Verizon.