Bed Bath & Beyond is a one-stop shop for household necessities. It also offers services such as delivery and gift registries. Here’s how to get the best deals and take advantage of its perks when you shop there.
About Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond is a home goods chain that sells items for various areas of the house, including the bedroom, the bathroom and, well … beyond. Its inventory includes decor, apparel, electronics and more. And its mobile app makes it easy to shop and manage your account from a smartphone.
Bed Bath & Beyond offers deals and savings all year long. The store releases weekly ads and you can sign up for discounts via email, but there are other opportunities to save:
- Black Friday. Bed Bath & Beyond keeps Black Friday short and sweet. In recent years, the store let customers arriving between 6 a.m. and noon on Black Friday take 20% off their entire in-store purchase. It also lowered prices on brand name products, such as Dyson and Keurig.
- Memorial Day. You’ll usually find prices cut on all categories of merchandise, including bedding, decor and small kitchen appliances.
- Veterans Day. Veterans, active duty personnel, reservists, members of the National Guard, retirees and their families are honored with a discount on their in-store purchases over Veterans Day weekend.
- College student deals. Students can sign up for emails about Bed Bath & Beyond special offers and college living tips. First-time subscribers receive a 20% off coupon for a future in-store purchase.
- Manufacturer’s savings events. You can save on brand name products — such as Keurig, Ninja, Dyson and iRobot — at Bed Bath & Beyond’s manufacturer’s events. These sales usually last at least a week, but stock is often limited.
Bed Bath & Beyond MasterCard
Bed Bath & Beyond customers earn rewards when they shop with the Bed Bath & Beyond MasterCard. Cardholders accrue points on most purchases, depending on where they shop and what they’re buying.
Bed Bath & Beyond offers gift registries for weddings, baby showers, housewarming parties, retirement, graduations and other occasions. The store’s registry services provide consultants, personalized invitations and announcement cards, gift recommendations and hassle-free returns and exchanges.
For wedding registries, Bed Bath & Beyond offers two programs to help couples stock their homes:
- Incentive program. You’ll receive free gifts when you add certain products featured in the store’s Freebook to your registry. When friends and family purchase the qualifying items, send a gift voucher and registry copy to the listed vendor to claim your complimentary item.
- Completion program. Bed Bath & Beyond offers a discount on all the items you didn’t receive. It’s valid any time up to three months after your event and you can apply it once in store and once online.
Bed Bath & Beyond tries to be the go-to shop for all college essentials. It sells bedding and bathroom necessities and offers school-specific checklists and shipping services to make moving in easy:
- Pack and Hold. Shop at a hometown store and arrange to pick up items at a location near school.
- Shop Now and Ship Later. Select a ship date at checkout when you shop online so orders arrive at the dorm when you’re ready to move in.
Bed Bath & Beyond provides a price-match guarantee. The requirements are as follows:
- The two items’ manufacturer and model number must be identical.
- Bed Bath & Beyond will only match the prices of direct competitors, that is, stores that sell products in both retail stores and online spaces under the same name. It matches Amazon.com prices, but excludes membership clubs.
- The item can’t be priced for clearance, closeout or liquidation.
- Items must not be refurbished or discounted for damage.
Present the ad with the lower price in store or contact Bed Bath & Beyond customer service via phone or email. If you’ve already purchased the item, you must present a receipt, invoice or shipping confirmation.
Shipping and returns
You have two options when ordering online: traditional shipping or in-store pickup. Bed Bath & Beyond offers standard, expedited and express shipping all over the U.S. and to more than 100 countries and territories. Orders of $29 or more receive free standard shipping.
Save on shipping fees by choosing in-store pickup. Reserve your item online with a credit card, then select the nearest store where it’s in stock. Bed Bath & Beyond will charge a $1 authorization fee to hold your item, but it drops off your card within 24-48 hours. You’ll receive an email when your order is ready for pickup — usually within two hours — and you’ll finish the transaction in store.
Truck delivery options
Bed Bath & Beyond offers five truck delivery options for large items:
- Curbside. Bed Bath & Beyond delivers your purchase and unloads it to your home’s curb or sidewalk. You are responsible for moving the item inside.
- Threshold. You’ll receive the item just inside your garage or front door.
- Room of choice. Movers deliver your purchase to any room or outdoor space, including rooms in multi-story homes and apartments. Assembly and carton or packing material removal isn’t included.
- White glove delivery. Movers will deliver and unbox your item in the room of your choice, plus remove the carton and packing material.
- White glove delivery with assembly. With this service, movers unload, deliver, unbox and assemble your item in the room or outdoor area of your choice. It also includes box and packing material removal.
NerdWallet takes you shopping
Bed Bath & Beyond makes home-shopping fast, convenient and easy. Discounts and savings are available throughout the year, so check the website often to see what’s up for grabs.