Choosing a stroller takes careful thought and consideration. After all, you trust a stroller with your baby’s safety. We know what an important purchase this is, so we researched some of the most popular models on the market to make your decision less overwhelming.
When it comes to stroller versatility, the Chicco brand is a powerhouse. The Chicco KeyFit Caddy, for instance, stands out as a lightweight stroller frame. The Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System is a complete three-in-one system. And for a stroller that’s easy to pack up and transport, the Chicco C6 has an included carry bag.
Our analysis: Based on 10,529 reviews
NerdWallet’s scoring of the best Chicco strollers is based on our analysis of the opinions of experts and shoppers like you.
To narrow down the field, we looked at expert opinions from review sites such as The Sweethome, CNET and Good Housekeeping. After that, we analyzed user reviews to see what shoppers were saying about each stroller’s best (and worst) attributes.
We recognize that consumers look for different qualities in strollers, so we scored these user observations based on a handful of different features, including ease of use, weight, safety, accessories and more.
Our final stroller scores run from a low of 1 to a high of 10. Here’s how we came up with the numbers:
Overall score: This score is indicative of reviewers’ overall satisfaction level with the stroller as a whole across 13 criteria, including ease of use, maneuverability, accessories and durability.
Functionality: This score is indicative of reviewers’ satisfaction with the stroller’s level of functionality, in particular how it relates to the baby. Categories that factor into this score include: comfort, safety features and noise level.
Ease of use: This score is indicative of reviewers’ satisfaction with how easy it is to use the stroller. Categories that factor into this score include: ability to fold the stroller, weight of the stroller and maneuverability.
Let’s see which strollers made our list and how they fared. These are our top Chicco strollers.
1. Chicco KeyFit Caddy
Boasting a lightweight aluminum frame, compact design and simple one-hand fold, the Chicco KeyFit Caddy is a maneuverable stroller frame for parents on the go. This product is a stroller frame designed to carry car seats, but users should know they have to purchase a Chicco KeyFit Infant car seat separately.
- Can be opened and closed with one hand.
- Lightweight and convenient to store or transport.
- Easy to navigate small spaces, thanks to its compact design.
- Cup holders are fairly shallow.
- Wheels can make ride rough.
2. Chicco Liteway
The Chicco Liteway stroller provides peace of mind for parents, thanks to features like its sturdy design, safe five-point padded harness, roomy storage basket and comfortable multiposition reclining seat.
- Sturdy and stable design.
- Easy to fold and stow.
- Lightweight and doesn’t take up much space.
- Pushes smoothly with minimal effort.
- Sun canopy is relatively small.
- No child tray.
3. Chicco Liteway Plus
A step up from the Chicco Liteway, the Chicco Liteway Plus offers the features users have come to expect from Chicco like an easy fold and lightweight frame, and then some. This stroller is a two-in-one, meaning it can convert to an infant car seat carrier.
- Sturdy design and secure straps enhance safety.
- Folding is quick and simple.
- Relatively lightweight and doesn’t take up much space.
- No child tray at the front.
- Storage compartment is fairly small.
4. Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
The ultimate in convenience, the Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System is a three-in-one package: a KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat carrier (car seat on its own), a Bravo toddler stroller (stroller on its own) and a travel system (car seat clicks into stroller seat). The maneuverable stroller system is easy to collapse and configure as your little one moves through different stages of strolling.
- Smooth and easy to maneuver.
- Easy to collapse and store.
- No child tray.
- Takes up relatively large amount of space when folded.
5. Chicco Activ3
The Chicco Activ3 is a jogging stroller with plenty of extras to keep users equipped for their active lifestyle. It boasts an adjustable handlebar, water-repellant fabric, large canopy, roomy storage basket and hand-activated parking brake.
- Adjustable handlebar accommodates parents of all heights
- Smooth, comfortable ride for child
- Front wheel lock enhances safety
- Relatively heavy with a bulky design
6. Chicco C6
With a frame that weighs just 11 pounds, the Chicco C6 stroller offers convenience and portability in a compact design. It even includes a carry bag and carry strap for users who want to take the stroller along on their travels.
- Quiet and doesn’t squeak
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Takes up only small amount of space when folded
- Seat doesn’t recline very much
- Too little storage space
- No cup holders
7. Chicco Cortina KeyFit 30
The Chicco Cortina KeyFit 30 includes a KeyFit Infant Car Seat and base, and works as both a stroller and a travel system (attach car seat directly to stroller without disturbing your little one). The set is designed with a reclining seat, one-hand fold and water-repellant canopy.
- Sturdy construction
- Car seat is easy to install
- Simple to fold and stow
- Wheels have tendency to squeak
- Bulky and heavy for daily use
- Storage compartment can be hard to access when car seat is in place