Blenders are a staple in almost every kitchen, but finding the right one for your specific needs can be challenging.
To help make your purchase easier, we’re putting three popular Vitamix models — of varying prices — side-by-side-by-side so you can see what might make one of these small kitchen appliances better for you than the others.
Let’s see how the Vitamix S30, the Vitamix S50 and the Vitamix S55 stack up.
At a glance
What we found: With close price points, similar stylings and high customer reviews across the board, it’s tough to go wrong with any of these Vitamix blenders.
What you’ll learn: Kitchen connoisseurs will likely want the Vitamix S55, as its added features make it possible to blend a variety of ingredients at the ideal speed and time, thanks to preprogrammed settings.
- Price: $399
- Features: Priced at $399, the Vitamix S30 is the most affordable model in the Vitamix S-Series of personal blenders (a blender type distinguished by its containers doubling as to-go cups). The blender has variable speed control and a pulse feature so users can adjust the speed according to the texture of ingredients they’re blending. The appliance’s two-part vented lid makes it possible to blend hot foods, too, thanks to its steam-release. In addition to the blender itself (motor and blade base), the product comes with a 20-ounce container/travel cup, a 40-ounce container, a low-profile tamper and a cookbook.
- Good fit for: The Vitamix S30 would work well for casual blender users. It’s the right size to store on your kitchen counter, and its two interchangeable container sizes allow you to blend the amount you desire.
» MORE: Blender coupons and deals
- Price: $419
- Features: The Vitamix S50 has convenient, dishwasher-safe parts. It includes two blending containers — a 20-ounce and a 40-ounce — for different size batches, and two preprogrammed settings for smoothie and power blend recipes. The appliance also includes a safety system that turns off the motor in the event the container is removed from its base while in use. Like the S30, the S50 comes with a low-profile tamper. It also includes a personal blending cookbook.
- Good fit for: Blender users who want to switch from creating smoothies in a 20-ounce travel container to whipping up soups and sauces in a serving that’s double the size will find the S50 offers everything needed.
- Price: $469
- Features: The most advanced model in the Vitamix S-Series, the Vitamix S55 is a sophisticated personal blender. The product features four preprogrammed settings, variable speed control, dishwasher-safe parts, and two blending containers — a 20-ounce travel cup and a 40-ounce container. Unlike the previous two models that come in black or red plastic, this one is sold in a brushed stainless finish. It also comes with a cookbook and low-profile tamper.
- Good fit for: The Vitamix S55 is ideal for users who want to get the most out of their Vitamix. It combines the two interchangeable containers and convenient variable speed control of the previous models, while adding more preprogrammed settings to simplify the making of Vitamix recipes.
Blend it all together
Casual users or first-time Vitamix buyers may find the less-expensive S30 model suitable, but convenience-minded shoppers will likely desire either the S50 or the S55 — both of which include simple push-button, preprogrammed settings.
Regardless of which model you choose, always compare prices and consider shopping at Amazon, where we’ve seen discounts on all three of these blenders.
And these three blenders aren’t the only robust ones on the market. We’ve also compared the Vitamix 5200 and the Ninja Ultima, two reliable blenders with high capacities for large batches.
More from NerdWallet