Colorado mortgage calculator
|Total Monthly Payment||$1,599||$2,067||$1,528|
|Total interest paid||$178,737||$53,658||$153,056|
Save & exit
Many or all of the products featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own. Here is a list of our partners and here's how we make money.
Colorado mortgage and refinance rates today (APR)
|30-year fixed-rate FHA||4.125%||5.011%|
|30-year fixed-rate VA||2.931%||3.198%|
Today’s mortgage rates in Colorado are 3.601% for a 30-year fixed, 2.747% for a 15-year fixed, and 3.106% for a 5/1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM).
Getting ready to buy a home? We’ll find you a highly rated lender in just a few minutes.
Enter your ZIP code to get started on a personalized lender match.
Colorado's first-time home buyer programs
The Colorado Housing and Finance Agency, or CHFA, offers several loan programs to help qualified first-time home buyers get a mortgage.
CHFA FirstStep loan
No credit score
Down payment assistance
What you need to know
By pairing a 30-year, fixed-rate loan with down payment and closing cost assistance, the FirstStep program makes it easier to buy a home. You must be a first-time home buyer or qualified veteran or purchase in a targeted area to be eligible for the FirstStep program. You’ll need a 620 credit score...
Colorado's best mortgage lenders
NerdWallet has done the work for you to pick the best financing partner for you in Colorado.
Average property tax in Colorado counties
Taking U.S. Census data, NerdWallet has crunched the numbers to help you understand what property tax rate you can expect to pay on your future home in Colorado. Because assessed values aren’t frequently updated, you may pay a higher rate at first but eventually you’ll pay a similar rate.
Avg. property tax rate
Avg. home value
|Clear Creek County||0.44%||$317,000|
|El Paso County||0.53%||$272,000|
|Kit Carson County||0.62%||$130,200|
|La Plata County||0.3%||$356,700|
|Las Animas County||0.28%||$145,900|
|Rio Blanco County||0.35%||$201,000|
|Rio Grande County||0.49%||$143,000|
|San Juan County||0.37%||$269,400|
|San Miguel County||0.31%||$485,000|
Source: American Communities Survey 2016, U.S. Census
Under "Home price," enter the price (if you're buying) or the current value (if you're refinancing). NerdWallet also has a .
Under "Down payment," enter the amount of your down payment (if you’re buying) or the amount of equity you have (if refinancing). A is the cash you pay upfront for a home, and is the value of the home, minus what you owe.
On desktop, under "Interest rate" (to the right), enter the rate. Under "Loan term," click the plus and minus signs to adjust the length of the mortgage in years.
On mobile devices, tap "Refine Results" to find the field to enter the rate and use the plus and minus signs to select the "Loan term."
You may enter your own figures for , and , if you don’t wish to use NerdWallet’s estimates. Edit these figures by clicking on the amount currently displayed.
The mortgage calculator lets you click "Compare common loan types" to view a comparison of different loan terms. Click "Amortization" to see how the principal balance, principal paid (equity) and total interest paid change year by year. On mobile devices, scroll down to see "Amortization."
The mortgage payment calculation looks like this: M = P [ i(1 + i)^n ] / [ (1 + i)^n – 1]
The variables are as follows:
Determining what your monthly house payment will be is an important part of figuring out how much house you can afford. That monthly payment is likely to be the biggest part of your cost of living.
Using NerdWallet’s mortgage calculator lets you estimate your mortgage payment when you buy a home or refinance. You can change loan details in the calculator to run scenarios. The calculator can help you decide:
Mortgage lenders are required to assess your ability to repay the amount you want to borrow. A lot of factors go into that assessment, and the main one is debt-to-income ratio.
Your is the percentage of pretax income that goes toward monthly debt payments, including the mortgage, car payments, student loans, minimum credit card payments and child support. Lenders look most favorably on debt-to-income ratios of 36% or less — or a maximum of $1,800 a month on an income of $5,000 a month before taxes.
If your mortgage payment included just principal and interest, you could use a bare-bones mortgage calculator. But most mortgage payments include other charges as well. Here are the key components of the monthly mortgage payment:
Typically, when you belong to a homeowners association, the dues are billed directly, and it's not added to the monthly mortgage payment. Because HOA dues can be easy to forget, they're included in NerdWallet's mortgage calculator.
The mortgage calculator lets you test scenarios to see how you can reduce the monthly payments:
Your monthly payment can go up over time if:
Mortgage calculator by state
- Alabama mortgage calculator
- Alaska mortgage calculator
- Arizona mortgage calculator
- Arkansas mortgage calculator
- California mortgage calculator
- Colorado mortgage calculator
- Connecticut mortgage calculator
- Delaware mortgage calculator
- Florida mortgage calculator
- Georgia mortgage calculator
- Hawaii mortgage calculator
- Idaho mortgage calculator
- Illinois mortgage calculator
- Indiana mortgage calculator
- Iowa mortgage calculator
- Kansas mortgage calculator
- Kentucky mortgage calculator
- Louisiana mortgage calculator
- Maine mortgage calculator
- Maryland mortgage calculator
- Massachusetts mortgage calculator
- Michigan mortgage calculator
- Minnesota mortgage calculator
- Mississippi mortgage calculator
- Missouri mortgage calculator
- Montana mortgage calculator
- Nebraska mortgage calculator
- Nevada mortgage calculator
- New Hampshire mortgage calculator
- New Jersey mortgage calculator
- New Mexico mortgage calculator
- New York mortgage calculator
- North Carolina mortgage calculator
- North Dakota mortgage calculator
- Ohio mortgage calculator
- Oklahoma mortgage calculator
- Oregon mortgage calculator
- Pennsylvania mortgage calculator
- Rhode Island mortgage calculator
- South Carolina mortgage calculator
- South Dakota mortgage calculator
- Tennessee mortgage calculator
- Texas mortgage calculator
- Utah mortgage calculator
- Vermont mortgage calculator
- Virginia mortgage calculator
- Washington mortgage calculator
- West Virginia mortgage calculator
- Wisconsin mortgage calculator
- Wyoming mortgage calculator