⏰ Estimated read time: 8 minutes
What are the best insurance options for LLCs?
Next: Best overall LLC business insurance
- Get a quote and buy a policy online in a matter of minutes.
- Access and share your certificate of insurance online.
- Next offers some pricing information online, so you can get ballpark figures before you get a quote.
- Doesn’t sell some specialized coverage types, like key person insurance or directors and officers insurance.
Chubb: Best business owner's policy for LLCs
- You can buy a business owner’s policy, general liability insurance, professional liability insurance and other common types of coverage online.
- BOPs include extra expense coverage, which doesn’t always come standard.
- You’ll have to request a copy of your certificate of insurance through an online portal.
Thimble: Best for LLCs that only need temporary coverage
- Policies are available by the job, week or month to cover you for specific events.
- Thimble’s “certificate manager” allows your contractors or subcontractors to buy insurance policies that comply with your requirements.
- Customer service is only available via live chat and email, not phone.
Nationwide: Best for working with a local agent
- Top score for customer satisfaction in J.D. Power’s 2023 small commercial insurance study.
- Offers highly specialized types of coverage, like surety bonds and builder's risk insurance.
- Can start a quote online, but need to connect with an independent agent to purchase coverage.
Hiscox: Best for LLCs with international clients
- Professional liability policies cover work done all over the world.
- Industry-specific packages make it easy for business owners to identify the coverage they need.
- Can get a quote and purchase a general liability policy online.
- Hiscox business owner's policies aren't available in all states.