Summary of Best Atlanta Mortgage Lenders of 2020
Minimum Credit Score
|Minimum Down Payment||Learn More|
first-time home buyers
Fairway Independent Mortgage
a wide selection of loan products
Bank of America
New American Funding
borrowers with nontraditional credit
first-time home buyers
borrowers needing down payment assistance
Local mortgage lenders in Atlanta
If you want to include a local lender or two in your search for the best mortgage, these Atlanta lenders are among the highest-volume mortgage underwriters in the city, though they have not been reviewed by NerdWallet.
- Established in 1974 and claims to be the largest community bank in metro Atlanta.
- Services home loans after closing, rather than selling them off to a third party to collect.
- Offers a first-time home buyer grant for down payment and closing-cost assistance.
- Based in Buckhead, with branches throughout Georgia.
- A mobile app allows you to apply for a mortgage, scan documents and track your loan status.
- Offers conventional loans, as well as all government-backed mortgages and construction/renovation loans.
- A Georgia-born lender with about 80 branch offices in the Southeast.
- A wide variety of loan offerings, including 203(k) renovation loans, jumbos and government-backed mortgages, in addition to conventional loans.
- Jumbo loans available for up to $5 million on nearly all property types, including first and second homes.
- Claims to be the largest nonbank lender in Georgia.
- Processing, underwriting and document preparation are all based in Atlanta.
- Seven offices across Georgia, with four in Atlanta and another eight offices in surrounding states.
More from NerdWallet
Last updated on January 2, 2020
To recap our selections...
NerdWallet's Best Atlanta Mortgage Lenders of 2020
- Quicken Loans: Best for mobile experience
- SunTrust: Best for first-time home buyers
- Fairway Independent Mortgage: Best for a wide selection of loan products
- Bank of America: Best for in-person service
- loanDepot: Best for customer service
- New American Funding: Best for borrowers with nontraditional credit
- Navy Federal: Best for military-connected borrowers
- Caliber: Best for first-time home buyers
- Guild Mortgage: Best for borrowers needing down payment assistance
- Flagstar: Best for refinancing