Summary of Best New York City Mortgage Lenders of 2020
Minimum Credit Score
|Minimum Down Payment||Learn More|
Bethpage Federal Credit Union
jumbo loans & co-op lenders
jumbo loans & ARMs
low down payments & home equity lending
Bank of America
low down payments
home equity lending & ARMs
Local mortgage lenders in New York City
Some New York experiences are iconic, like folding your pizza slice so the pointy end doesn't sag toward the ground, dripping grease on your shoes. If you're looking for local New York flavor in a mortgage, these lenders are based in or near New York City and have offices in at least some of the boroughs. They are among the highest-volume lenders in the city. NerdWallet has not reviewed these lenders.
- 3 branches in Brooklyn, 3 in Manhattan, 3 in Queens, serving all 5 boroughs.
- Mortgages for one- to four-family units, condos and co-ops.
- Focuses on Chinese-American communities, with staffers who are fluent in English as well as Cantonese, Mandarin and multiple Chinese dialects including Fujianese.
- Certified by the U.S. Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution, working in a market niche that is underserved by traditional financial institutions.
- 1 office in the Bronx, 2 in Brooklyn, 1 in Manhattan, 1 in Queens.
- Offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages as well as FHA, VA and construction loans.
- Specializes in mortgages for foreign nationals and nonresident aliens.
- Prepares preapproval letters for buyers to present with offers on homes.
- 1 office in Manhattan, 1 in Queens.
- Offers FHA and VA loans and an array of fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages for purchases and refinances.
- Offers loans to international college graduates enrolled in Optional Practical Training, and non-permanent residents may borrow up to 90% loan to value.
- Accepts alternative income documentation.
- 2 offices in Queens.
- Offers mortgages for various dwelling types, including condos and co-ops.
- Mortgages with down payment as low as 3% for low- to moderate-income borrowers.
- Offers home purchase-renovation loans under FHA 203(k) and Fannie Mae HomeStyle programs.
- Finances jumbo loans up to $2 million.
More from NerdWallet
Last updated on January 2, 2020
To recap our selections...