Summary of Best Ohio Mortgage Lenders of 2020
Minimum Credit Score
|Minimum Down Payment||Learn More|
first-time home buyers
Fairway Independent Mortgage
first-time home buyers
home equity & a traditional bank
a traditional bank
Local Ohio mortgage lenders
It’s smart to get at least three quotes when shopping mortgage lenders. These local lenders are among those with the highest volume of mortgage sales in Ohio. They have not been reviewed by NerdWallet.
- 7 Ohio branches in Columbus and on the U.S. 23 corridor.
- Jumbo purchase and refinance, and cash-out refinance.
- Renovation loans allow $5,000 to $250,000 for repairs.
- Offers FHA, USDA, VA and conventional loans, and home equity loans and HELOCs.
- Adjustable-rate mortgages offered, and fixed-rate terms ranging from eight to 30 years.
- Helps with state down payment assistance bond programs.
- Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio.
- Fixed-rate and 1/1 and 3/1 adjustable-rate mortgages.
- FHA, VA, conventional and jumbo financing.
- Products include balloon loans, home equity borrowing, construction, blanket (for development) and lot loans.
- Headquarters in Cincinnati with 28 Ohio offices.
- Low down payment option if your income is at or below the local median and for homes in underserved areas.
- Physicians and dentists may qualify for no down payment and no mortgage insurance.
- Has FHA, VA, conventional and jumbo purchase, refinance and construction loans.
- Offers home equity loans and credit lines.
- Does not sell its mortgages to other mortgage companies but keeps and services them.
- Loan officers do not work on commission.
- Will beat a lower mortgage rate offer or pay you $1,000.
- No private mortgage insurance required with a 15% down payment.
- Offers a no-cost 60-day rate lock with a free optional “float down” if rates fall.
- Home equity products include a 5/1 ARM, fixed-rate loans and a HELOC.
- Bridge loans available.
- Headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio.
Last updated on January 2, 2020
To recap our selections...
NerdWallet's Best Ohio Mortgage Lenders of 2020
- USAA: Best for first-time home buyers
- Fairway Independent Mortgage: Best for first-time home buyers
- US Bank: Best for home equity
- PNC: Best for home equity & a traditional bank
- Quicken Loans: Best for refinancing
- PrimeLending: Best for refinancing
- Rocket Mortgage: Best for online experience
- loanDepot: Best for online experience
- Chase: Best for a traditional bank