- Get 100,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 05/04/2016.
- Get 12X Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Get 6X Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
- Get 3X Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card. Terms and limitations apply.
- As a Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card Member, you'll receive Hilton HHonors Gold status.
- Spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn HHonors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.
- Terms and conditions apply.
- View Rates and Fees
APR: 15.49%-19.49% Variable
Penalty APR: Up to 29.49%, Variable
Cash Advance APR: 25.49%, Variable
- High rewards rate
- Has annual fee
- Needs excellent credit
Get 100,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
Recommended credit score
The rewards offered by the Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express — 12 Hilton HHonors points per $1 spent at Hilton hotels, 6 points per $1 at restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations, and 3 points per $1 elsewhere — are eye-popping.
But NerdWallet estimates that Hilton points are worth an average of 0.5 cents each, about half the typical value of points in other loyalty programs. That translates into an effective rewards rate of 6% at Hilton hotels, 3% at supermarkets, restaurants and gas stations, and 1.5% elsewhere — still pretty good, especially among gas credit cards.
You get the most value for your points when you use them at lower-tier Hilton hotels during peak season. If you're confident that you can use all of your points at hotels in the Hilton portfolio, then assume a greater value per point than NerdWallet's estimate. If you never stay at these hotels, though, assume a lower value. See our review of the Hilton HHonors program here.
The card has an annual fee of $75.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.